'Indian Accent' by Raam Aaynic

Mr. Candidate

Tell me what is Indian accent?

Sir, Indian accent is a term

Used unknowingly by scholars

Who don't understand the country India

Probably they are ones

Who cannot differentiate

Between the West and East Indies

Perhaps they do not

Understand

The nature of language itself

Language changes

With the change of region

Language plays an important part

In the subjugation of peoples

And the Crusades of language are real

The Romans called the tribes

The other language speakers barbaric

My South Indian Mathematics teacher

Pronounced English in a different way

Than the Italian Nun

No, Mr. Candidate

You did not understand my question

I have read it in a book

Published by Penguin

You are not such an intellectual

To prove Penguin false

Sir, why are you using a pencil

To give me grades.

"It is a private university

You know

And my remuneration depends

On this pencil

Bring on the cake!"


Comments